The new Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) credential is for developerswho use Visual Studio .NET and the .NET Framework to develop, deploy, and maintaindepartment-level applications and components for Microsoft Windows and the Web.These developers also build enterprise solutions incorporating data services and XMLWeb services.
MCAD for Microsoft .NET Certification Benefits
- Industry recognition of your knowledge and proficiency with Microsoft products and technologies.
- Access to technical and product information.
- Access to exclusive discounts on products and services from selected companies.
- MCAD for Microsoft .NET certificate, transcript, wallet card, and lapel pin to identify you as an MCP to colleagues or clients ..
- Invitations to Microsoft conferences, technical training sessions, and special events.
- Free access to Microsoft Certified Professional Magazine Online, a career and professional development magazine.
Now is the time to validate your Microsoft .NET Framework 1.0 and Microsoft .NET Framework 1.1 developer skills with the Microsoft Certified Application Developer (MCAD) for Microsoft .NET credential. MCAD candidates are required to pass two core exams and one elective exam in an area of specialization. See the table that follows for a complete list of exams and related training resources.
How to Earn Your MCAD
Core Exams (Two Exams Required)
To fulfill the core certification requirements, pass one exam that is focused on either Web Application Development or Windows Application Development in the language of your choice. Then pass one Web Services and Server Components exam.
Elective Exams (One Exam Required)
Besides the core exam requirements, you must also pass one elective exam that provides proof of expertise with a specific Microsoft server product.